By following some simple steps you will not only save water, but also save on your water bill. Simply remember these helpful tips and save big.
• Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth and save 25 gallons a month.
• Turn off the shower to wash your hair. Save up to 150 gallons a month.
• Turn off the tap while shaving. Save up to 300 gallons a month.
• Take a shower instead of a bath. Reducing shower time by a minute or two and you’ll save up to 150 gallons a month.
• Fix faulty faucets and pipes as soon as possible.
• If the toilet chain does not close after flushing, replace it.
• Place two full bottles inside the cistern and save 2 to 4 gallons each time you use it. Do not use the toilet as a wastebasket.
Call the Home Energy Line at 252-7117, or visit mge.com