• If possible, upgrade your appliances. High-efficiency, Energy Star-rated dishwashers can conserve large amounts of water.
• When washing dishes by hand, do not let the water run while washing. Fill a sink with water to wash and the other to rinse.
• Use the dishwasher only when it is full. You can save more water each month.
• For cold drinks, have a pitcher of water in the refrigerator instead of opening the tap. In this way, every drop is used and does not fall into the drain.
• Wash fruits and vegetables in a bowl of water instead of running tap water.
• Use the water you used to wash fruits and vegetables, to water plants.
• Soak pots and pans instead of letting the water run while washing.
• Do not use drinking water to thaw food. Thaw food in the refrigerator one or two nights before.
Call the Home Energy Line at 252-7117, or visit mge.com