Save money this summer with tips from MGE
• Set the thermostat at 78 F or higher if health permits. Turn the AC off when no one is home.
• Use fans instead of AC, and turn off when no one is in the room. Use exhaust fans to remove heat and moisture from cooking and showering.
• Close drapes during the day to keep the sun and heat out.
• Cook outside or use your microwave. Using your stove adds heat to your kitchen.
• Wash your laundry in cold water to reduce the use of hot water. Dry clothes outside instead of in the dryer.
• Use the dishwasher’s air-dry or energy-saver cycle.
• Turn off lights and TVs when you are not using them. Replace regular bulbs with ENERGY STAR® qualified bulbs.
Call the Home Energy Line at 252-7117, or visit mge.com